Casio AP420 Celviano Digital Piano Review
- 1 Casio AP420 Celviano Digital Piano Review
- 1.1 From pianissimo to fortissimo
- 1.2 Technical specifications:
- 1.3 16 AiF tones
- 1.4 Linear Morphing AiF
- 1.5 128-note polyphony
- 1.6 “Tri-Sensor” scaled hammer action keyboard
- 1.7 Sequencer (recorder)
- 1.8 Two piano setting buttons
- 1.9 High-quality DSP effects
- 1.10 Highlights:
From pianissimo to fortissimo
A game full of expression and liveliness: the AP-420 combines extremely authentic piano sounds and extremely realistic touch response with a variety of modern functions such as SD card slot or line-out. With these extensive sound and function options, the CELVIANO is ideal for everyone.
Thanks to its new loudspeaker system, the instrument brings its ability to the ear with high performance (2 x 20 watts) and the elegant front consoles give it a special look.
- Keyboard: Piano keyboard with 88 keys (with velocity)
- Maximum polyphony: 128 notes
- Tones: 16; Mixed sound (except bass timbres); Keyboard division (bass timbres only lower area)
- Effects: brilliance (-3 to 0 to 3), reverberation (4 types), chorus (4 types), DSP, acoustic resonance
- Metronome: beats per measure: 0, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6; Tempo range: 20 to 255
- Duet: adjustable pitch range (-1 to 2 octaves)
- Music library: number of songs: 60, user songs: 1 (storage capacity up to max. 65 KB), song volume: adjustable, part on / off: L, R
- Recorder: Functions: real-time recording, playback; Number of songs: 1; Number of tracks: 2; Capacity: Approx. 5,000 notes in total; Recording data protection: Built-in flash memory
- Pedals: damper (with half-pedal effect), soft, sostenuto
- Other functions: Touch selection: 3 types, Off; Transpose function: 2 octaves (-12 to 0 to 12); Tuning function: A4 = 440.0 Hz ± 99 cents (variable); Tempering; Octave shift; Operation lock
- MIDI: 16-fold multitimbral (Receive)
- SD memory card: SD card slot; Supported SD Memory Cards: Up to 2 GB; Functions: SMF playback, data saving, file retrieval, card formatting
- Inputs / Outputs: PHONES jack: standard stereo jacks x 2; Power supply: 24 V DC voltage; LINE OUT R, L / MONO jacks: standard jacks x 2; Output impedance: 2.3 kΩ; Output voltage: 1.1 V max. (effectively); Power supply: 12 V DC; USB port: TYPE B; Pedal socket
- Loudspeaker: Ø 12 cm x 2 + Ø 5 cm x 2 (output 20 W + 20 W)
- Power supply: AC adapter: AD-E24250LW
- Power consumption: 24 V – 60 W
- Dimensions: digital piano and stand: 139.5 (W) x 42.7 (D) x 83.5 (H) cm
- Weight: digital piano and stand: Approximately 40.0 kg
16 AiF tones
The innovative 16 AiF tones produce a first-class sound that unfolds fully in both classical piano literature and other genres.
Linear Morphing AiF
The innovative AiF tones produce a first-class sound that unfolds fully in both classical piano literature and other genres and ensures smooth transitions between the individual samples and dynamic levels. Thanks to complex stereo recordings of a high-quality concert grand piano (samples) with 4 dynamic levels, you experience a particularly authentic sound and can play across all intermediate levels from piano to forte – without tonal discoloration or audible jumps.
128 voices ensure a piano sound in a class of its own. The expansion of the voices makes the interpretation of complex works pleasure and enables expansive chord play as well as the intensive use of the damper pedal.
“Tri-Sensor” scaled hammer action keyboard
Piano feeling: The scaled hammer action keyboard with 88 touch-sensitive, weighted keys is modeled on the keyboard of a concert grand and provides an authentic feel. Thanks to a third sensor in the keyboard, particularly fast playing techniques are possible without the notes being cut off unnaturally.
With the sequencer (2 tracks / 1 song) you can quickly and easily record your own ideas in real-time (capacity: 5,000 notes).
Piano sound just the way you like it: the piano setting button changes to the grand piano sound at the push of a button. Two settings are available: “classic” for a soft, subtle sound and “modern” with a brighter, more brilliant character.
High-quality DSP effects
The AP-420 digitally stages the high-quality sound of a top concert grand piano with first-class reverb effects. The simulation of the string resonances via the CASIO “Acoustic Resonance” effect makes the sound experience perfect.
For listening and learning: 60 songs with excellent sound quality are stored on your AP-420.
8 digital effects
Live in front of an audience or in the living room: 4 reverb and 4 chorus effects complement the variety of sounds on your digital piano.
Piano feeling: The scaled hammer action with 88 touch-sensitive, weighted keys is modeled on the keyboard of a grand piano and provides an authentic feel.
“Ivory Touch” keyboard
Flattering ears and eyes: The refined, matt keys with “Ivory Touch” not only look classy and high-quality, but are also pleasantly grippy and provide additional stability, so that fingers cannot slip. Experience a realistic game feel!
Ideal for teaching: the new duet function enables teachers and students to play in parallel. The AP-420 can be divided into two keyboard areas, which can be transposed individually.
Safe: The PANEL-Lock function protects the control panel from being accidentally adjusted while gaming.
Tactical accompaniment: The integrated metronome helps you keep the right rhythm.
2 headphone connections
Enjoyment in a duo: two headphone connections are available.
The AP-420 has a triple pedal with an extended damper function included.
Sonorous speaker system
Voluminous: The powerful 2-way system with four loudspeakers and two 20 watts output power ensures an impressive sound experience. The sound is directed not only towards the player, but also backwards or downwards depending on the model. This makes the sound impression 3-dimensional and even more natural.
SD card slot
With the innovative SD storage medium, you can easily expand the internal song memory of the AP-420 without limits. Pieces in midifile format can be played easily and directly from the card.
USB Plug & Play / Song expansion
The USB / MIDI connection offers the possibility of loading further midifile songs into the internal memory using the “Song expansion”. The storage capacity is 65 KB, which allows expansion by up to 1 song. Thanks to Plug & Play, there is no need to install the software from CD-ROM and the USB driver is both Mac and Windows compatible (under Windows XP / Vista and Mac from OSX).
- New Linear Morphing AiF sound generation
- New hammer mechanism with 3 sensors
- Keyboard with matt surface “Ivory Touch”
- New speaker system with 2×20 watts
- 16 tones
- USB interface, SD card slot, line-out